Sunday, March 25, 2012

How To Import to Google Doc

I have helped several friends to import documents to Google Doc and so I thought I should just make a post and then I can refer people there.  =)  When you are new to Google Doc's is can be confusing but it really is very simple!

Step 1:  Log into Google Docs.  However you normally do that.

Step 2:  Next to create is a drive type looking button.  Click there and go to Files...


Step 3:  Select the document you want to import.  PDF or whichever should work.  I personally have had more success with PDF's though.


Step 4:  I always just start upload.  I have found if I covert anything it messes with the document itself.


Step 5:  The document should appear.  (The one I am working with was the Donation Letter I use.)  Double click on the document to change the settings.  


Step 6:  In the upper left hand corner is a blue share button.  Click there (otherwise you will be the only one who can see the document.)


Step 7:  Where it says "Private - Only the people listed below can access."  You want to change that.

Step 8:  Public on the web makes it so everyone can see it.  Anyone with link is literally anyone with the link.  I like to choose this option (makes me feel like it's exclusive for my blog readers.)  Click save.

Step 9:  This box will appear when you change the setting from Private.  The code listed is the code you give people or place in your post or link to an image.  Click done.

Step 10:  Success!  =)

It's fairly simple once you get the hang of it.  =)

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for fun Jelly Bean activity! I grabbed it over at classroom freebies! They are just what I needed! I am a new follower and love your help with google doc... I am still learning this blogging stuff and any help is always helpful!

    Tara
    harpleysuperstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn! I sent this out on Hootsuite! I will definitely be referring people to this page as well!

    Thanks again!
    Hilary
    Rockin' Teacher Materials

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing. But even after i signed up for Google Docs i STILL can't get it to work. Grrrr. Im managing to get the docs to upload but i still can't pin it to my page. I've given up now, but if you have the answer as to why im a blithering idiot with I.T. Please do reply. It may help someone else. Cheers. P.s You page is FANTASTIC btw.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... can I laugh? I don't think you can pin from Google Docs. Hummmm. You can only pin from websites and technically Google Docs is a place to store documents. Does that help?

      Thanks so much for the compliment!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the post! I am going to give it a try. I have been using Docstoc and got a nasty email from someone who had trouble downloading. Thought it was hysterical that someone is giving me a hard time about downloading something that I made and am offering it for FREE!
    Jonelle
    A Place Called Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete