I was inspired by this really funny blog post I saw on Baby Centers blog... Ten Things I Won't Let My Kids Do. Well... I am a list person and so I thought it would be fun to write some posts like this. So my first... Ten Things Tuesday Post... 10 Things I Won't Let My Student Do!
2. Go down the slide more than one at a time... First strike you are out is the rule for my kids!
3. Tie shoes... sorry kids pee on the floor, kids walk on the floor, kids pee on their shoes!
4. Use my markers... No no no! I give them their own.
5. Touch my pocket charts... I teach from them. if they do, the pieces get lost and we can never find them.
6. Share food... My son has a peanut allergy and I don't want to be the one to discover a severe food allergy! Scary!
7. Answer questions they already know the answer to... "Can I go to the bathroom?" or "Can I sharpen my pencil?" Most of the time they know the answer and they just want to talk to you.
8. Interrupt me... I teach them very early on to wait their turn. This is so hard for little learners who are used to "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom!" We talk a lot about how no one is more important than anyone else. By me not responding to it, I feel like I don't enable it and it usually stops. Every once and awhile it picks back up... but after we talk about it it usually stops.
9. Watch movies unless it has a true academic purpose... We have done one movie this year and it's only because my whole team did it and I did not want to be the new snobby teacher (which we were talked to about as a group - whew... so glad I did.)
10. Hug me... Sorry... My kids know I love them, I show it through my words and actions that don't include hugs.
So I am going to try every Tuesday to post a list. I made this first one like the Baby Center Post... But I promise they will be topics where you can learn something or laugh or reflect yourself.
Comment below what you won't let your students do...for link up your own fun list!
on Core standard and the simple directions/objective.