Classroom Routines are essential for having great management. If you are struggling with any part of your day, it most likely can be fixed with a group routine or procedure! Here are some of my routines:
Right when my students come in...
1. I shout out a questions and they put up the answer in our graph.
2. They get a review activity of their choice... from these trays located on my counter. I rotate the activities in there so they advance throughout the year.
3. They sit and work until my morning song plays
1. We start with letter names. We sing the same song all quarter for this.
2. We move to letter sounds. "Letter sounds help us to.... READ!"
3. We sing a sound song. Again the same song from before.
4. We read our decodable book. We do this with partners on special reading rugs.
5. Reading comprehension story.
6. Literacy Labs.
1. Student pack their cubbies during our 30 minute lab time at the end of the day. (I take not time for packing up.)
2. I play the clean up song. (Same song all year.)
3. Student clean their lab, then their tables.
4. Students stack their chairs.
5. Students go to the carpet and sit on their spot.
6. Busers and after school kids go to hallway.
7. Parent pick up goes to the back door.
Sometimes just documenting these routines can help you follow them! By doing the same thing over and over the kids know what is coming and can just do it on their own!
What classroom routines do you use?