Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Been Talking Management Today! I heart good management!

Here is the picture of the poster I use for monitoring my students behavior in class.  It's all about self regulation!  I teach the kids what each number means, then I can remind students to be at a certain number and can even call out... "What number are you working at... quick... show me on your fingers."  Students can then reflect on their actions and correct them without me having to tell them! Self regulation is a wonderful thing in the classroom!

5 - Doing exactly what is expected of me.
4 - Doing what's expected and interacting with others.
3 - Somewhat doing work, not completely following directions.
2 - Not doing what is expected.
1 - Not doing what's expected and distracting others.

((Most of the time these days talking is encouraged during work, so my expectation is to be a 4 or 5 at all times and both are equally great behavior!))

Head on over to see other great management tips!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog! I look forward to reading your posts!
    Linda
    http://ateacherstouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... thanks! I am now a follower of your too! Your blog is going to be so helpful for me... as I find my creative side once again! That is my goal this upcoming year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self-regulation, I'm lovin' it! Just emailed this to my principal as we're looking for a school-wide system for the upcoming school year. Thanks for sharing!!

    Barbara
    corneroncharacter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome! Let me know what happens with that! Would love to hear if that really does happen! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog! I'm following you now and put you up on my sidebar. I'm really new to blogging, too (as in YESTERDAY) so please come check me out! I hope we can share ideas and I look forward to hearing about your Kinder conference.
    www.ateenytinyteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love this. Some of my first graders are having trouble staying on task. I think I will give this a try. Thanks for sharing! Love it.

    Nicole
    First Grade OWLS

    ReplyDelete